Sunday 5 April 2009

A Bit Too Close For Comfort

I suspect that we had a lucky escape tonight. I shut the girls into the run this evening a little earlier than usual as we were going out for dinner. What I didn't remember was that my youngest child had been out egg collecting earlier, and he has a habit of forgetting to shut the main coop door. Therefore, when we got back this evening with two very sleepy children, hubby discovered the coop door open and only two visible hens on the perch. Cue much panic, until I rushed out and ascertained that the other three were bundled in the nest boxes. Note to self : not much point in making the run fox proof, and locking the side gate with two deadlocks and padlocks, if you go out and leave the sodding door swinging in the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment