Thursday 10 February 2011

Micro Chickens, Meet The Flock


Maude clocks the new mini chickens sauntering towards the coop. Celia does an ostrich impression.



A quick conference is called.



The flock decides to send out it's secret weapon: ASBO Chicken. Betsy looks wary.



Maeve's slow saunter fools no-one, and Vera and Betsy keep their distance.



I think Maeve looks more curious than murderous, but the mini chooks are taking no chances.



The others gradually emerge for a closer look. Doris is more interested in the porridge.



Gladys looking marvellous, just because.



This is the closest pic I can get of the serama posing.




Betsy and Maeve size each other up, while Doris takes her snout out of the trough long enough to look on.


Out of curiosity, I weighed the serama today. My pekin girls weigh around 600g each. Betsy weighs in at 375g, and her tiny pal Vera is 275g. I think this makes Betsy overweight according to breed standards. I won't tell her though.

I don't want her to get a complex.

4 comments:

  1. hello from a fellow chicken keeper in wales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those serama are gorgeous. Gonna have to introduce some to my babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lo e your chooks!! So good to meet another obsessed chicken keeper :)

    ReplyDelete