Saturday 30 April 2011

Day 21

Yep, today should be hatch day. Yet there is nothing to report. Despite knowing that serama are hard to hatch, I confess to feeling a little crestfallen. As I watch Vera determinedly clamped to her five eggs, I can only wish that at least one of them makes her a chicken mama. She has been an excellent broody, and it seems such a shame that after all of her diligent care she ends up chick-less. If it was in my power, I would rush out and get her some day old serama chicks to nurture. Unfortunately, getting hold of serama chicks is a bit like getting hold of moon beams. So, I continue to sit at the nest side, straining my ears and hoping against hope that I'll hear a cheep, or a crack, or something.

It's quite windy today, so the rest of the flock are a bit put out. They dislike being blown up the garden, and it doesn't make sunbathing pleasant. Betsy is refusing to leave the garage, as anything more than a slight breeze tends to toss the serama about at whim.

If anything happens, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment