Sunday 10 April 2011

As Promised, Some Pics

A gorgeous spring day here, and perfect for taking some pictures.


Nine serama eggs now slowly rotating in the new incubator. As this new Brinsea Mini Advance does everything bar top up the humidity pool for you, I'm feeling a bit redundant. I had to practically sit on the pekin eggs last year.



No, this is not what Hilda usually looks like. This is the new, hormonally psychotic, puffed up, 'I kill you' Hilda. She is narked because I keep turfing her out of the nest box, and when she legs it back in there I am. Again.



In this pic she is considering goiung all ninja on my arse. I am wearing gloves.



Celia and Maude caught red handed happily throwing the contents of the border all over the patio.



And Mabel is busy stomping some alliums in to paste. Thanks ladies. Your gardening help is always appreciated.



Gladys dust bathing. No jokes about KFC, please.



This is Betsy playing in the garage. She seems completely oblivious tot he fact that it isn't a chicken adventure playground.



A broody Vera sitting on her three eggs, and some rolled up socks for comparison. See? There's not much in it. I'd like to add that shortly after this picture was taken, Vera gave me such a look of contempt that I removed my socks and slunk away.



Another pic of the inflatable Hilda, just because I have never seen such a puffy pekin.



And a non-puffy Doris laying her egg and ignoring the nutjob Hilda.



The non-laying, non-broody girls really getting to work with some serious garden vandalism. Maeve is attempting to dig to Australia.

Happy spring everybody.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun blog, what a fun flock! I'm a new fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the serama eggs hatch in that incubator ? I had 12 in mine, and got 2 hatched, and yet it hatches quail eggs great.
    My 2 hatched serama are now 18 weeks old, one cockerel and one hen, Sonny & Cher, she laid her 1st egg today ( so proud ).

    ReplyDelete