Saturday 5 March 2011

A New Venture

I am excited. Happy, smiley and very excited. I have just gone halves on a Brinsea Mini Advance incubator with a friend of mine. I might have also just purchased a quail tray which will fit teeny serama eggs perfectly. This particular adventure is go!

It'll be a few days before the shiny new incy will be in my dirty little paws, but that's ok. I'm not intending on setting any eggs until next month anyway. That is if I can find any eggs to set. Tracking down a breeder who will sell me fertile eggs is proving rather difficult. There are a few eggs for sale on ebay, but as I've been told by those in the know that serama eggs don't travel well I am reluctant to go down that route. I have a month to try and find a breeder willing to part with a few precious eggs, so if anyone reading this thinks they may be able to help please don't be shy.

My friend is planning on starting his hatching journey with a half dozen Light Sussex eggs. Having only hatched pekins, I am quite interested in how his hatch will go. I have recommended Chicken Street as a potential supplier of eggs, and he is planning on taking the family on a day trip. I am secretly wondering what he will come back with once he sees the variety on offer.

And another one falls under the poultry spell.....

No comments:

Post a Comment