Thursday 27 January 2011

Just In Case

The ever tolerant husband is staying quiet when I oh-so-casually mention the serama plan. He has looked up the breeder's address and worked out a route without comment. I have left pics of the potential new girls on the laptop to see if he'll pass comment, but he doesnt. I think I've finally done it. I have broken him.

Not that I'm definitely going to get the serama, you understand. I mean, it makes sense to clean out the pet carrier and disinfect it. You never know when it might be needed. Similairly with the spare feeder and drinker. Keeping things hygienic is a good idea, generally. And the hospital wing hasn't been swept clean since Doris spent some time there. So naturally that needs a full clean out and scrub. Also, I've been meaning to replace the bulb in the heatlamp for ages. It doesn't actually mean anything. Honest.

The garage has gone from well organised chaos to, well, just chaos over the winter. I'm not quite sure when or how it happened, but it's like a junk yard in there. So tomorrow I might possibly spend some time trying to organise it a bit. Just to make access easier and the environment safer. In case any of the birds end up living in there for any reason.

You know, it's good to be prepared.....

No comments:

Post a Comment