Monday 20 September 2010

Don't Hate Me 'Cause I'm Famous

Blogger has a nifty new tool. I can now access information about visitors to my chronicles. Not creepy 'I-know-where-you-live' info, but general stuff such as which country they are in, which browser they are using, when they accessed the blog, and also how they found it. It is the last of these which has intrigued me. A fair bit of traffic comes through google (which is to be expected), but the search words that people are entering are most enlightening. The most searched term which brings people here is (wait for it) 'ASBO chicken'.

That's right, the small black hen with a big attitude appears to have a fan base. Now, techinically, I suppose it's just as possible that people are googling through frustration at a neighbours noisy poultry and wish to obtain an ASBO. However, I prefer the idea of a celebrity chicken. She certainly has the arrogant sense of entitlement nailed.

If she was aware of her new following, I'm sure she'd be making lots of unreasonable demands about heating in the coop and only drinking Evian. As it is, she is blissfully unaware of the public's adoration. Love her or hate her, she does not care. She'd peck your toes either way (I have the painful experiences to prove it). What I am sure of is that if Maeve was a human celebrity, she'd be of the train wreck variety, possibly punching photographers. I'm thinking of a slightly less polite Liam Gallagher.

As I type this, the Famous One is glaring at me from the back step. She is waiting for her toast, and will start tapping on the back door if I don't make a move soon.

The job of a personal assistant is never done, especially when you have such a demanding boss.

4 comments:

  1. I am often curious how people come across my blog, I seem to get a lot of visitors from South America!? But what I am really curious about, is it worth having these adverts on your blog, I have thought about putting them on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) I have only enabled adsense for about a week, and so far have earned around £17. It won't make you rich, but I am quite pleased by that small amount :) Give it a go, and if you don't like it you can easily remove them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, ASBO stands for Anti-Social Behaviour Order. The police issue them to troublesome neighbours etc. While Maeve's activities aren't exactly criminal, they are certainly less than desirous ;)

    ReplyDelete