Wednesday 24 June 2009

A More Appropriate Solution?

As much as I love looking out of my window and seeing the girls artfully displaying themselves in the flower borders, the situation really does need to be managed. The ever tolerant husband made a good attempt at fencing the girls in, only for them to work out within a week that it was perfectly possible to fly/bounce over the barrier. We've rather lost heart, since then, and they've been happily marauding over the entire garden.

Which means that the entire garden has become a giant chicken latrine. No matter how many times I go out there and poo pick, there will always be the stray whoopsie that ends up on the youngest's sock, and therefore all through the house. Which is, at best, grim. At worst, it appears that the flies have decided that our back garden is the place to eat.

The problem was that we approached the confinement of the girls in a half hearted manner. Deep down, I didn't want them penned in, feeling it was somehow cruel. Let's just say that I have had a complete change of heart, and some proper chicken netting and posts are winging their way to our house as I type. It's completely movable, allowing me to fence off different areas as required, and hopefully able to create a poo free zone in which we can enjoy the summer.

They won't know what's hit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment